Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Week 7: #7 W&J College

Walking into the house of #7 ranked team in the nation Washington and Jefferson College was already intimidating. When the first half had commences we were down by 14 points, and I felt like I did my part because I had already scored 2 touchdowns. The half time speech was short and to the point, are we just gonna roll over in the second half and let this team just roll all over us and embarrass us on their homecoming in front of the biggest crowd we have seen yet, and the answer was yes. When the second half started I could barely get off the line for pass routes because I was being shadowed everywhere I went on the field, and not getting open or getting the ball started to really beat me down, and without thinking I snapped. I have never been so furious in my life. I can accept losing to a better team which is what this team was by far, but to roll over a quit is not in my blood and it never will be. As I looked around most of the team near the end of the game was on the bench with their heads down and the other group was walking around pointing fingers at what people did wrong and blaming them for this embarrassing lose. Here we go again just like last year, all the fighting on the sideline between players and coaches. This is not how a good team operates and this is not how my team will be working anymore. We got out played, out coached, and out numbered. And at the end of the game and I noticed we lost by 52 points and I looked at their sideline and watched them laugh as they tried to rack the score up as much as possible, I just thought to myself, you laugh now because many not next year or a couple down the road but Saint Vincent will come into this same place stronger and better than you and will do the same thing one day and we will be the ones laughing.

No comments: