Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Week 2: Gallaudet Univeristy

On the bus ride back from week 2, the attitude was a little different, everyone was excited. For the first time since the football team has been resurrected, we come home winners. The game wasn’t pretty but when the score reads 23-22 Saint Vincent everyone affiliated with the team knew that we did something special. All the blood, sweat, and tears finally paid off. The coaches, for the first time in a long time, were talking to us after the game. They were proud of everyone that played today. Gallaudet College, a deaf school from DC was a solid team who pounded us on our season opener last year, played a great game, but for the first time, we showed chemistry, we showed love for one another, and confidence that we are not coming home losers again.
My game went well. I had 2 big catches for over 20 yards that contributed to touchdowns, and a game that you win by one point every score, possession, and catch matters. My phone is coming alive as I am getting congratulations from everyone in the school. This game could possibly establish us as a team to be reckoned with in further games. But, being the calm player that I am, I just sat back in my seat with my best friends and enjoyed the ride, soaking up every moment of winning my first college football game. For that entire day I felt like a god. Not because of the win, but because a collaboration of people knew that we did something amazing and we did something good for the people that care about us.

No comments: