Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Week 9: Thiel College

Going into the Thiel College this was the game we had a great chance of winning because they had the same bad record as us 1-7. They weren’t big nor fast but why were they beating us off the ball, why were they scoring easy points against us, its because they played with their strength, heart. This team never gave up, they never got down on each other and they realized when they messed up and they corrected it the next play. On the sideline it was a disaster for us, we went right back to the W&J game with all the arguing and all the fighting amongst our team. I had 3 catches early in the game for big plays and after that I was once again denied the ball, which led to me getting frustrated again. I couldn’t stand it anymore like before I started to get mad and I didn’t stop the whole game. Throwing my anger around the field and taking it out on the Tomcats, but once again my efforts came up short and we lost another game, and not just any team, but a team we should have pounded so hard that it was impossible for them to get back on the bus cause they were so hurt. Its was hard once again to walk up the hill to the tailgate and see the look of disappointment on my dad’s face, which even brought me down more. I only play for myself when im on the field cause I need to concentrate on my responsibility but to see my family just sad because of the potential we have to have a successful team and yet for some reason we cant put it all together on the field. What is that problem? Where is our missing link?

No comments: